Military veterans may still register to receive discounts on products and services from local businesses participating in the first-ever Potter County Veterans Discount Program. Several businesses have been added to the registry of those who offer discounts on products and services. Currently on the list are these:
- Coudersport: Always In Bloom, Cheryl A. Beichner CPA, Buchanan Brothers Pharmacy, E&G Auto Plus, Fox’s Pizza Den, Hauber’s Jewelry, Jackson’s Gift Shop, Jenigen’s Auto Body, Kaytee’s Family Restaurant, Laurelwood Inn & Steakhouse, Mitchell’s Bookkeeping & Tax Service, Mosch’s Country Tavern, Olson Tenglund NAPA Auto Parts, Potter County Outfitters, Wagner Ace Hardware
- Galeton: Heart’s Desire
- Shinglehouse: Howard’s Home Furnishings & Sporting Supplies
- Austin: Big Mike’s Dairy Dine, Goodwin’s Garage
- Costello: The Costello Inn
- Ulysses: Carrine’s Custom Apparel, Corner Café, Creative Style Salon, Nostalgia
- Brookland: Oak Hall Bed & Breakfast
To register, veterans should provide full name, mailing address, and contact information (telephone and email, if possible) to the county’s Office of Veterans Affairs. There are three ways to apply: 1. send required information by an email address to Potter County Veterans Affairs Director Bill Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org; 2. send regular mail to Veterans Affairs, Gunzburger Building, 1 N. Main St., Coudersport PA 16915; 3. call Director Simpson at 814-274-8290, extension 210, to schedule an appointment or obtain additional information. Office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, or by appointment.
Each veteran who registers for the program receives a membership card that must be shown at participating businesses to qualify for a discount. Veterans will also receive a brochure that identifies participating businesses by name and address, along with the particulars of their discount offer. Under the program, merchants and professional service providers extend discounts – typically 10 percent or more – to Potter County veterans. Certain restrictions may apply. Businesses wishing to sign up or learn more about the program should call 814-274-8290, extension 207, or send email to email@example.com. The program is being administered by the Potter County Veterans Service Committee. Members are Veterans Affairs Director Bill Simpson, Commissioner Paul Heimel, and Executive Secretary Dawn Wooster.